Anna McCarthy is an Associate Member of The International Coach Guild (ICG). Membership is for dedicated professional individuals, businesses and corporations that are actively involved in the global coaching community.
The ICG sets the highest standards within the coaching training industry, through the ICG coaching core competencies and Code of Ethics which are referenced below. ICG Membership indicates a high level of commitment to the professionalism of the industry and to the standard of service to clients.
As an Associated Member of The International Coach Guild, The Female Fortune Institute adheres to the essential elements of ethical, competent and effective practice as set out in this Code of Ethics.
- I will conduct myself in accordance with the International Coach Guild Code of Ethics in all coach training and coach mentoring.
- I will truthfully identify my coaching qualifications, expertise, experience, certification and ICG recognition.
- I am responsible for ensuring that my clients know of and fully understand, before and at their first session, the terms and conditions of any coaching contract including session cost and frequency.
- All claims made to my clients are honest, accurate and consistent with maintaining the coaching industry’s good reputation.
- As a coach I will keep myself informed of new technologies, practices, legal requirements and standards that are relevant to the coaching industry.
- As a coach I am willing to suspend or terminate current coaching activity when I am alerted to signs of personal challenges that may interfere with my performance as a coach with a client, and seek professional consultation.
- Throughout the duration of a professional contracted coaching relationship, as a coach I shall not initiate, develop, pursue nor engage in a personal relationship with my client.
- I will be sensitive to issues of culture, religion, gender, sexuality, disability, race and all other aspects of diversity.
- I establish clear agreements and contracts with my clients and sponsors. I will honour all agreements and contracts made in the context of professional coaching relationships.
- I will not mislead or make false claims about what my client or sponsor will receive from me as a coach.
- I will make my clients aware that psychological or counselling support is not normally delivered by a coach should it be required by a client. If so, the client should be referred to an appropriate specialist service provider.
- I will maintain, store and dispose of any client records created in my coaching business in a manner that promotes confidentiality, security and privacy, and complies with any applicable laws and agreements.
- I will ensure that any coaching agreement contains a clause stating that if any evidence of illegal activity or the potential harm to the client themselves or others is disclosed, you may have to inform the appropriate authorities and so be unable to maintain complete client confidentiality.
- I will respect the client’s right to terminate the coaching at any point during the coaching process.
- As a professional I shall monitor the quality of my own work through regular feedback from my clients and other appropriate professionals.